In a round-up of how this season’s TV pilots are faring at their respective studios, Deadline has this to say about Marvel’s Agents Of SHIELD spin-off Marvel’s Most Wanted, which spotlights former SHIELD agents and romantic couple Bobbi Morse and Lance Hunter:
“Reaction to Marvel’s Most Wanted has been solid to mixed, and there had been a talk for potential tweaking, so the project is in consideration but not a shoo-in.”
Sounds like there’s serious chance we may never see the show, which will upset fans who never wanted to see Bobbi and Hunter leave SHIELD in the first place.
With Agent Carter also almost certainly cancelled (there’s been no official news but all indications are it will not return) it’s a worrying time for the small screen branch of the Marvel shared universe, though Damage Control is still in development.
As regards other sci-fi and fantasy pilots, Deadline reckons:
- Kevin Williamson’s time-travel drama Time After Time also has been getting an okay feedback and has a shot.
- The Exorcist reboot of the horror franchise is in strong contention for a series order, looking to join recently picked up 24.
- The time-travel drama Timeless has come in very strong.
- DC universe-based workplace comedy Powerless looks promising for a pick up.
- The CW seems close to giving a thumbs-up to a new supernatural drama from Kevin Williamson (Scream, The Vampire Diaries) and the Frequency reboot, but monster drama Transylvania and an untiled Mars project are looking less likely.